Friday 8 April 2011

April is IBS Awareness Month


We're back from the Natural & Organic trade show and busy negotiating special offers to pass on to all of you on the latest products, but while I was visiting The Healthy Bowels Company it was brought to my attention that April is indeed Irritable Bowel Syndrome Awareness month. Now we could make some throw away tagline along the lines of 'IBS sufferers need not suffer in silence in April', but that would be in bad taste.

While I was there he mentioned his top ten tips to improve bowel health (full pdf here):

  1. Chew your soups and drink your solids
  2. Eat a diet rich in fruit, vegetables, lots of olive oil and fish
  3. Eat less red meat, pastries, crisps and processed meat
  4. Eat less wheat
  5. Eat less dairy
  6. Eat more soluble fibre
  7. Mix your intake of probiotic friendly bacteria with Inulin
  8. Consume less caffeine
  9. Come off the laxatives
  10. Exercise
I've been a big fan of Lepicol for many years, and most of the people I've recommended it to are very happy with the reduced bloating and feeling that their digestion is getting back on track. Well, now they have launched a new product at the show imaginatively called  "The Perfect Colon Cleanse Combination". It contains three separate products including Lepicol Plus (Lepicol with digestive enzymes), Magnaflow (a magnesium supplement) and Colon Massage Oil.

We think this is going to prove to be a very popular formula, and as I missed the January detox (it's our busiest time of year, do you really think I'm going to be a pleasant person to be around at the best of times, let alone when I'm 'cleansing') I think I'll be trialling this out in the next few weeks.

Happy Colon month everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment